White Stereotype

White Stereotype
This could be us.
Bonding in saliva and in fever
I love you so much Denver
But you labeled me a taker
Since my people have been taking from you forcefully
I didn't even support them fully
Behind the scenes I was fighting for you wholly
I'm timid, naive and afraid to fight for you openly
Cause I'm sacred I will be labeled a traitor

This could be us!
Sharing one heart, while listening to the music you love
But here we are, far away from you
The sins of my people tearing us apart
Give or take
Everyone is here for themselves
Can't we be here for ourselves and not against our heartbeat
Shouldn't we been fighting for our love, tearing the skin that took us apart

This could be us!
But no this is not us
How can this be us
When my love is seen as plot to explore your body
Every of my kindness is perceived as a silent threat
I'm even afraid to touch your melanin skin
Because I will be labeled a rapist
When in reality I'm just a pianist
Expelling the sadist vibes within us

This could be us!
Baby I love you but I guess that isn't enough
The scars my people left on your diamond skin will always be there
To remind you of the beast I'm not
I really wish I could do something
Now I'm carrying the sins of my people
Reaping the pains that my people sow
I'm sorry you are feeling this way

This could be us!
Having multi color children living under one roof
Playing one chess game and winning together
But in reality this is not us
We are far from this being us
How can one man be paying for the sins of his people
Why would faith choose me to pay for the sins I didn't commit
In the expenses of my happiness and love
This is not us
And I'm sorry you are feeling this way but
This could be us if you don't stereotype my love
I really love you so much
I'm in pains seeing you walking away

This could be us!

*©EarthEmotions*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE HR OFFICE

THE WORLD IS FAKE

I had Loved you

FATAL DISCOVERY

In-Pass